Monday, February 7, 2011

Who Is Jesus Christ?

"Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."

Jesus Christ describes Himself;
Take five minutes out of your busy day to read His words for yourself. Will you call Him a liar, a madman, or LORD?

"I Am the bread of life" (John 6:35,48,51).

"I Am the light of the world" (John 8:12).

"Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." (John 9:58).

"I Am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved" (John 10:9).

"I Am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep." (John 10:11,14).

"I Am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die.” (John 11:25).

"I Am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).

"I Am the true vine" (John 15:1,5).

"I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last" (Revelation 1:11).

"Fear not; I am the First and the Last" (Revelation 1:17).

"I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts." (Revelation 21:6).

"And behold, I AM coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last" (Revelation 22:13).

"I Am the Root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star" (Revelation 22:16).

Our glorious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to whom we have trusted our eternal souls, is more than just a great religious teacher who was martyred for His faith long ago. He is alive on His throne in heaven, having defeated death forever. He was our great Creator, our sin-bearing Savior and will be our eternal Lord and King. If you choose to call Him LORD, realize it is not a name but a title. It means you give Him authority over your life, repent  (turn away from sin) and put your trust in Him alone for your salvation. Good works and deeds are not what get you into Heaven. It is a gift which He paid for, laying down His sinless life, sacrificing Himself to a brutal death on the cross, paying our penalty for the sins of the world. He said: "I lay down My life for My sheep,...I lay down my life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father." That is why He is called The Lamb of GOD.
Do not deceive yourselves - Seek the Truth, no matter where it leads you. "If ye continue in My word, then are ye my disciples indeed. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Jesus Christ is The Truth. Only Jesus can save, and make you free.
If you have a question or comment, I would encourage feedback and an open discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment